Tuesday, February 7, 2012

C is for Cookie


After sharing pictures of my R2D2 cake with friends at work, Rachel started talking to me about her fourth birthday cake, a Cookie Monster cake. She talked about the joy it would bring her to recreate that memory. So I took on the challenge.

On Sunday I baked the giant cookie that my cake would be gobbling. And as long as the oven was on I baked the whole batch of chocolate chip cookies. Those in attendance at our Super Bowl gathering were able to enjoy the results of this cookie need.

Decorating cakes is not something I've taken classes on, I'm self-taught. I'm armed with determination, a pastry bag and many tips, inherited from a family friend's late mother. It's a trial and error process really, making things up as I go along.



I know, I know, I've read the reports that food coloring causes autism, adhd and cancer.  But how could I possibly make Cookie Monster without the entire bottle of blue food coloring? 




2 comments:

  1. Copious amounts of blue food coloring or not, that was some tasty cake. :) And you totally made Rachel's day, which was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully I didn't have to go to any meetings with blue teeth!

    ReplyDelete