Sunday, March 18, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Cake

I have been most addicted to Pinterest lately.  I've been pinning projects to do with kids, decorating tips and a ton of cakes!  When I found a pistachio cake pinned I knew it would be the perfect cake to make this week!

I didn't get creative and used this recipe instead for Pistachio Bundt Cake.  Because I had my cousin's boy and two of my own kids joining me for this cake, it made sense to beef up the amount of food coloring to really celebrate the holiday, so I added 7 drops of green.  And because I wanted a little extra goodness in my glaze I added a 1/2 tsp. of almond extract.

This was not a difficult cake, perfect to make with kids and it was delicious!  I don't like to use box mixes for cakes, but I did make an exception in this case.





2 comments:

  1. Yummy! I love pistachio anything. This was so tasty, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was breakfast for me on Monday...lucky me!

    ReplyDelete