Monday, May 14, 2012

Tres Leches

My boy got a little Spanish lesson while shopping for this week's cake ingredients.  He knew three with ease but learned how to say milk in Spanish.  This ultra-moist, dense cake has been a favorite of mine for some time.  It was also the perfect fit for getting out of my chocolate, bundt or chocolate bundt rut.

Because this cake was very new to me I knew this would not be one to experiment with so I had someone else supply the recipe.  I went to the trusted Pioneer Woman for help.  Her recipe for Tres Leches cake can be found here: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/09/tres-leches-cake/.

I didn't think my boys would be very excited about this cake, now if it were called Tres Chocolate, applause would be heard coming from my kitchen.  But surprisingly both the boys and not so surprisingly the girl, loved this weeks cake.  I myself thought the sweet milkiness of the cake was divine and topped with homemade whipped cream, this cake was out of this world delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment