I was lucky enough to spend 7 years working near a most lovable woman: Twyla. She shared many words of wisdom and hilarious anecdotes with me over the years. This woman has taught me so many things about life and love and now she taught me what to do with rhubarb, what a woman!
I have heard many wonderful and quirky stories about Twyla and her family over the years. The stories she would tell would make anyone want to spend a holiday with this family in their small South Dakota town. Twyla also shared with me, her sister Dar's Rhubarb Bundt.
This cake is a winner and now that rhubarb season is here, get in the kitchen!
Dar's Rhubarb Bundt
1. Cream together: 1/2 c shortening, 1 c white sugar, 1/2 c brown sugar and 1
2. Sift together: 2 1/2 c flour, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp baking soda
3. Combine dry and wet ingredients while mixing in 1 c buttermilk
4. Add: 2 c rhubarb, cut into 1/2 inch pieces, 1/2 c chopped pecans,
1 tsp vanilla
5. Make Topping Mix: 1/2 c white sugar, 1tsp
6. Grease Bundt Pan (preferably with Hope Butter) and
sprinkle 1/2 of topping mix in bottom of pan.
7. Pour batter into
Bundt Pan and sprinkle other 1/2 of topping mix on the top of the
8. Bake 45-50 minutes at 350 degrees or until that good
'ol toothpick comes out clean.
***Serve with cinnamon ice cream
and hot coffee for breakfast on a lazy Saturday morning***