Sunday, June 3, 2012

Cream Cheese Pound Cake

This week's cake comes to you a few days late.  See, I'm starting a new job and all... so my baking energy is being taken up by consuming loads of information.  I'm just about overloaded but I hope to be back in the kitchen one night this week as a form of stress-relief.

This cake was from a relatively new favorite of mine, Joy the Baker. Check out her blog if for some crazy reason you are not already one of her biggest fans. I made Joy's Cream Cheese Pound Cake from her newly published book, Joy the Baker Cookbook. I topped her pound cake with strawberries and a homemade whipped cream (heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and a bit of vanilla). The results were fantastic and a great dessert for a picnic function. This one was eaten at our Memorial Day barbeque. The picture was taken with my phone, since I forgot to snap it before I wrapped it for transport.

No comments:

Post a Comment