Monday, April 23, 2012

Flourless Chocolate Torte

I've been getting a lot of my inspiration from Pinterest again.  A while back I pinned a flourless chocolate cake that I decided I needed to try.  I have some anti-gluten friends and loved the idea of having this recipe in my back pocket for them.

Flourless Chocolate Torte

4oz. Semisweet chocolate, chopped (I used Ghiradelli)
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup organic sugar
3 eggs
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tablespoon confectioner's sugar


1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Prepare a 9 inch round pan, I grease and then dust with cocoa powder.



2. Using a double broiler pan or some concoction of the sort, melt chocolate with butter.
Then allow someone to lick the spatula clean:


2. Remove from chocolate from heat and mix in sugar, cocoa powder, eggs, salt and vanilla extract. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 40 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.

3. Cool pan on wire rack for 10 minutes before using a knife to loosen the sides of the cake and turning over onto your cake platter.  Dust with confectioner's sugar.  

I served this cake warm with lime sorbet.  The husband and the boy said that this was their favorite cake now (this is starting to sound familiar).  The inside texture was the perfect combination of fudge and brownie-like.  The nicest thing about this recipe that was that it was quick and easy and produced well above average results. 

Let me know what you think! 


1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to try this for Kyle's Dad. He doesn't like brownies but I can put some marchino cherries in it like I did the brownies and he should like it. Thanks for doing the research for me. I am looking for recipes for deserts for him that don't taste gluten free!

    ReplyDelete