Thursday, April 19, 2012

Lemon Bundt

I'm on the fence.  For Easter I made four cakes.  Does that mean I am off for four weeks?  My goal was to bake one cake per week and blog about it but I did work extra hard on Easter so I'm going to use one more Easter cake for this week's blog post.

In addition to "lamby" I made a lemon bundt for our Easter dessert.  But because I had my hands super full I didn't take pictures of the process just the end result.

I heard good things about the lemon bundt from family members. I did try a slice but I've decided that I'm not a real lemon fan. I need lemon combined with something else... maybe a couple handfuls of blueberries would have been a good addition.



Lemon Bundt:

1 cup butter
1/2 cups sugar
2 tsp. lemon extract
1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon
3 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2/3 cup milk

Glaze:

1 cup confectioners sugar
1 tsp. lemon extract
2 tablespoons milk

Garnish:

lemon rinds

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350. Prepare bundt pan with grease. In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.

2. Cream together butter and sugar. 

3. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each one is added. Add extract, lemon juice and milk.

4. Once liquids are combined add your mixture of dry ingredients and mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.  Pour batter into prepared bundt pan.

5. Bake at 350 for about 1 hour until cake tester or toothpick comes out clean.

6.  Cool on wire baking rack for 10 minutes.  Use a knife to loosen edges of cake from pan and invert onto wire rack.  Let cake cool.

7. Make glaze by combining confectioners sugar, lemon extract and milk.  Drizzle over cake.  I then garnished with lemon peels.

Stay tuned this weekend for the flourless chocolate cake.  Also if you have a cake you think I should make, leave me a note in the comments!  I'd love to hear from you.

2 comments:

  1. I love lemon- I think I use it in things more often than I should.

    You should make an upside down cake! It doesn't have to be pineapple, I have a recipe in my book for a peach upside cake that is delicious! It's so easy and is a great way to infuse some fruit into a cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris... What is your favorite lemOn combination?
      Look for an upside down cake next month!

      Delete